Hi all. Thanks for all your comments and support. It still boggles my mind every time I sit down at the computer that there are so many "lose weight quick" diets and so many things that dont make sense. One of the latest is a "colon cleanse". Here's the truth: Your colon has the ability to cleanse itself. It doesnt need any help to function properly beyond what every other body part needs to function properly which is: Proper nutrition, Proper hydration, Proper exercise and Proper rest. Slacking off in any of those areas (and find me someone who isnt guilty) will result in sluggishness, tired feeling, false hunger, irritability, and looking for some "quick fix"....the quickest fix is the Proper one.
We have recently opened our forum which we willpost on our homepage shortly. In the mean register and join the Start Fresh Community
I'd like to share my latest "experiment" with you. I've been making more of my own food rather than eating out. So, here's what I know:
- any food I buy outside will be prepared with more oil, more salt and more MSG than I would ever use at home.
- the portion size of any prepared food I buy outside is larger than I should eat.
- much of the food I buy outside has been laying around longer than I would like to think about.
- what I buy out is always more costly.
- I like my own food better.
But, I dont like shlepping my lunch to work and I am often too busy to cook for myself and buying out is so much more convenient - these are all my excuses (or some of them anyway, I have more)
So, for the past few weeks, I have resisted convenience and here's what I now know:
- I can find time to batch cook.
- Salads last for 2 days if I dont put in cucumbers or dressing and store in an airtight container.
- Soup tastes just as good at room temperature from my thermos.
- The ingredients I put in my salads far surpass any of those that are in the stores - mushrooms, peas, scallions,peppers,pickles, hearts of plam,artichoke hearts, marinated eggplant, olives, avocado and that's besides the usual lettuce, tomatoand cucumbers
- There are more lunch proteins besides tuna. I have packed fresh salmon (cooked the night before - leftover from dinner), tilapia, eggs, farmer cheese, tofu, beans - monotony is a big reason for going off track
AND FINALLY - I KNOW THAT WHEN I PREPARE MY FOOD IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED, PREPARED WITH LOVE AND A SENSE OF ENTHUSIASM AND ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Anyone out there game to try it?
Marcia's Blog is a lifestyle change and dieting blog written by a beloved and respected nutritionist/weight loss counselor/lecturer Marcia Bodenstein. She has helped thousands of kosher consumers achieve and maintain weight loss.
- ▼ December (4)