Marcia's Blog is a lifestyle change and dieting blog written by a beloved and respected nutritionist/weight loss counselor/lecturer Marcia Bodenstein. She has helped thousands of kosher consumers achieve and maintain weight loss.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hi and Happy Mothers Day to everyone. It's amazing to me (it shouldn't be at this point) that every celebration calls for FOOD. Do you know that Mother's Day is the biggest restaurant day of the year? I have seen "Happy Mother's Day" cakes in every bakery I have passed (no,I didnt go in)all of last week? Food has become the center of our social existence. We can't even think of anything else to do when we get together with friends, it's always "where should we eat". I propose that each one of us makes a plan with a friend that doesn't involve food - how 'bout a park? a nice long walk? shopping? And speaking of proposals, how did everyone do with their exercise this week? I can proudly say I did some - of course not as much as I would like, but there's always next week, right? Did walking and treadmill - it really does make me feel better, both physically and mentally. I am going to buy a pedometer
tomorrow and see if I do the 10,000 recommended steps every day. I think I do, but I also know that we underestimate the amount of food we eat and overestimate our activity level, so we'll see....
I was away for Shabbos - it's always so much easier for me to handle the food challenges when I am not at home, BUT, I always have to remember that one of my biggest triggers is when I get back home - so I was well-stocked and well prepared.
I find that it is so crucial to know yourself,be honest with yourself, be prepared with the right foods. This is serious business - it not only makes a difference in how we look, but in how we live, in mood, energy level, and how productive we are. It truly involves lifestyle change, and most important to remember it's not an EVENT, it's A PROCESS!
Also, I want to thank all of you for your support - I need it as much as you do!

Join now and we'll do it together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that great audio lecture. I listened to it while I opened my morning emails. WIll this be a weekly thing?

Anonymous said...

Oh do I wish this could be a weekly thing. I'm sure that going to the lectures is even better. But even this one audio "gift" is so motivating. And, Marcia, it's great that you say that you feel support from "us" - because you are the one supporting so many. So, how does that sound? Everyone gets supported by each other...

Anonymous said...

OH MY....the audio lecture is GREAT!!! I hope you will continue to do this. Will you also archive? Members will be able to access previous lectures???
Marcia you are terrific!

Anonymous said...

I just joined on Thursday, when do we get to hear an audio postcard?

It could be a great way of talking me out of eating the leftover Shabbos dessert I know that is in the freezer!!