Marcia's Blog is a lifestyle change and dieting blog written by a beloved and respected nutritionist/weight loss counselor/lecturer Marcia Bodenstein. She has helped thousands of kosher consumers achieve and maintain weight loss.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wow!This month has gone by so quickly - and each day is so packed with thought and activity. Life is full. And it only gets more full and fulfilled if I take care of myself in the best ways I know how - eat in the most healthy manner I can, sleep at least 7 hours a night, exercise 4-5 times a week, drink 8-10 cups of water daily, and learn to deal appropriately with life's stresses. What a list!Who can do that perfectly? Certainly not me. But wait! It doesnt have to be perfect. It has to be MOST OF THE TIME,and that sounds more do-able. You see? That's the problem.If we cant do it 100%, then we retreat to "0",forgetting that the rule is DO MORE THAN NONE!
I also see that I am in this for the long haul,and if so, then I have to make my food interesting, tasty, with some variety. So, over the years I have bought "help" in the form of a Champion Juicer - put in a frozen banana and it makes banana ice cream, a vegetable cutter - to make making vegetable soup easier, various choppers, blenders, peelers and cutters. So, I would like to tell you about my new addition - an ice cream maker. Yes, you read right. But I have no intention of making high fat, full of cream and sugar confections. In this ice cream maker I put 8 oz. of milk (lowfat), 8 oz. blueberries, 1 egg , sweetener and 2 capfuls of vanilla extract. This machine has the compresser built in, so I set the timer for 45 minutes and VOILA - breakfast. It was amazing!! Imagine ice cream for breakfast.
Anyway if you are interested it is the GELATO and it is made by LELLO. I bought it at Zabar's on Broadway at 80th Street in Manhattan - and I am enjoying it immensely!
Have a great week!

No comments: