Marcia's Blog is a lifestyle change and dieting blog written by a beloved and respected nutritionist/weight loss counselor/lecturer Marcia Bodenstein. She has helped thousands of kosher consumers achieve and maintain weight loss.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Unbelievable how much time has gone by since we "spoke" last - could it really have been 2 over two months? Isnt it amazing how quickly time goes? And if you agree that the time goes fast, think of those few seconds before that binge - those will pass just as quickly if we let them instead of attacking the food like it's going to be taken away.
So much has happened since then - nothing dramatic. My family was here for Pesach from out of town. They came a few days before - which means "where can we eat". This would have presented a challenge but I decided beforehand that if I "start" now, then Pesach was going to be a disaster. So, yes I went to all the restaurants and realized (once again) that you can get what you need in a restaurant, you can order it just the way you need it (see our subsequent newsletter "Your Restaurant Rights").
So I went into Pesach determined and it worked!! Fast forward to Shevuos..another challenge...another recipe for disaster. I realized it says DAIRY, NOT 'CHEESECAKE'. Farmer cheese is dairy, cottage cheese is dairy, yogurt is dairy - all guilt free.

So here we are today - a season full of simchas, coats coming off, thinking about the summer (barbecues, oy vay!) - more challenges!

It seems like the dcalendar is full before i can even look at it - every weekend there is something else, weddings almost every weeknight (BH) - it is very easy to get caught up in plans and forget to schedule "me time".

I think that the key is "one day at a time" - the minute I start thinking too far ahead i get overewhelmed and doomed, but I can do OK just for today.

Question for all of you: HOW DO YOU NURTURE YOURSELF? WHAT NON FOOD ACTIVITIES DO YOU ENJOY? WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD THAT'S NOT FOOD?

Looking forward to hearing from you.....

MarciaB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making an early night is something I can really look forward to. A good, long, hot shower... a book...a locked door....better than the best slice of cake!

sportsmom said...

I just came back from a walk in the rain. My friend called to talk and I needed to move myself, so out we went....... and the rain water is good for our hair.

Have a good Shabbos.