Marcia's Blog is a lifestyle change and dieting blog written by a beloved and respected nutritionist/weight loss counselor/lecturer Marcia Bodenstein. She has helped thousands of kosher consumers achieve and maintain weight loss.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I’m so excited about the launching of our new website- what a boon to our kosher community! Just think, the ability to have our meals planned out for every day, Shabbos, YomTov, and what I love most is the community support. It’s too isolating to be out there alone when the cravings hit and there’s no one to understand. Believe me- I’ve been there.

Let me introduce myself. I’ve lost 5,000 pounds in my life and gained back even more. Like so many of you- I’m a master dieter. I’ve been everywhere, done everything and I dare anyone to top my list. Which includes diet pills, therapy, injections, diet clubs, protein powders, herbs from the health food store, starvation, eating only a few foods, rotation diet, grapefruit diet, experimental programs, calorie counting, the air force diet, shakes, acupuncture, hypnosis, water pills, the cookie diet, Ayds candy, red liquid protein, brown rice diet, Xenadrine, Meridia, Orlistat and of course, all the well known ones.

All of these false starts led me to the basic understanding that there are three components necessary for permanent weight control. 1. A solid healthy food plan. 2. Focus on behavior change. 3. Social support. And that’s what Startfresh.com is all about.

I’d love to hear about your experiences as join us in our journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

Marcia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So great to see you on-line, and to know that I can go on this website whenever I feel like it.
Reading your comments makes me feel like I can do anything, and that I'm not alone in my situation - that Start Fresh shares the understanding.